Veterans Owed Refunds

07/12/2018 05:13 PM Comment(s) By Leigh Ann

Veterans owed refunds for overpayments attributable to disability severance payments should file amended returns to claim tax refunds

IR-2018-148, July 11, 2018 — The IRS today is advising certain veterans who received disability severance payments after January 17, 1991, and included that payment as income that they should file Form 1040X, Amended U.S.
— Read on

Share -